10 Ways to Prepare for Your Christmas Photo Shoot
Can you believe that Christmas is NEXT MONTH!?
I’m so excited! The only thing better than being a kid at Christmas is having kids at Christmas. Christmas is the closest we will ever come to seeing the world through a child’s eye and I absolutely love it.
Since my own baby’s first Christmas back in 2015 we have started a few traditions. We always visit Santa (I will blog about the best places to see him soon), we have a family Christmas Eve box filled with PJs, treats, books and activities and we have a Christmas photo shoot.
This year my Christmas Shoots are particularly magical. I have chosen a lovely cream, white and gold theme so that any outfit you decide to dress your little one in will work beautifully.
After photographing hundreds of children over the last 3 years I’ve learned a trick or two. Firstly, if you want a child to sit where you ask, give them a chair. Or, better still, give them on a ridiculously cute mini sofa.
Secondly, if you want your child to smile naturally, give them something to smile about! Sounds obvious I know but it’s easily overlooked. This year I have lots of lovely little interactive things such as glittery snowflakes for them to hold, jingle bells for them to shake, nutcrackers for them to play with and fake snow to throw in the air. All of these little festive trinkets are sure to catch your baby’s attention and they will be playing and smiling in no time.
Children are very welcome to bring along their favourite teddy bear but don’t worry if they forget, my resident teddy (Ozzie) is the cuddliest bear in all the land (and matches the set perfectly!).
For most of you, my Christmas Shoot will be the first Christmasy activity you do this year so let’s kick off the festive session right! My Christmas Sessions are 20 minutes long which allows plenty of time for your little ones to get comfortable and warm up to the camera. I will have Christmas tunes playing in the background, mince pies in abundance and one or two festive surprises.
Within a week of your shoot, I will hand-edit 5 images and transfer them to you digitally which will allow you plenty of time to get the photos printed and ready to gift to your loved ones (grandparents will be particularly delighted).
You can also use your images to make beautiful photo gifts such as keyrings, magnets and mugs. And of course, you can make beautiful Christmas cards to hand out to family and friends. In fact, you can even purchase your personalised Christmas cards through me this year, just add them to your basket when you book your slot.
You can book your Christmas Shoot HERE and don’t forget to use the code VIP10 for £10 off. When clicking on the booking button you may be taken to my waiting list if all available slots have been taken. I won’t be adding any more Christmas Shoot dates to the diary this year as I’m now fully booked for 2018!
For those that have already booked, here are my Top 10 Ways to Prepare for Your Christmas Photo Shoot:
- Find an outfit as soon as possible. Make sure it fits!
- Talk to your little one about the shoot in the days leading up to it and make it sound as fun and exciting as a trip to Disneyland!
- Tell them we are sending the photos to Santa (that always works!)
- Bring bribes.
- BRING BRIBES. It deserves to be mentioned twice!
- Pack your bag the night before the shoot. You don’t want to be late and flustered because you couldn’t find something.
- Plan to arrive a little early so if you’re slightly delayed it won’t matter.
- Plan to change them into their Christmas outfit when you arrive at the studio otherwise you can guarantee they will get their outfit dirty during the car ride over.
- Have an exit strategy. Some little ones have so much fun with me they don’t want to leave! Make a plan to take them somewhere after the shoot which you know they will enjoy. Monkey Maze is 5 minutes away, Lotherton Hall is 10 minutes, Temple Newsam is 15 minutes or maybe arrange to drop in at grandparents for a cuppa.
- BRING BRIBES.
I can’t wait to welcome you all to the studio.